At Higgins, we recognise the ongoing and increased uncertainty Coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing around the country and the world.
Higgins remains fully operational, with projects continuing to run as usual during this time. Our highest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, contractors and customers. To ensure we are operating in a COVID-Safe way, we conduct the following actions:
- Closely monitoring official Government sources for current information and advice
- Reviewing and promoting Higgins policies and measures for infection control
- Ensuring workers are aware of the isolation/quarantine periods in accordance with advice from the Australia Government Department of Health
- Information on when staff should not attend work
- Providing clear advice to workers about actions they should take if they become unwell or think they may have the symptoms of coronavirus, in accordance with advice from the Australian Government Department of Health and state or territory health department
- Eliminating or minimising domestic work travel, in line with the travel advice on the Australian Government’s Smartraveller website
- Providing regular updates to workers about the situation and any changes to organisational policies or procedures
- Contingency planning to manage staff absences
- Providing workers with information and links to relevant services should they require support
- Maintaining good hygiene and cleanliness of the workplace
- Conforming with physical distancing guidelines where applicable and practical.
- Use protective personal equipment (PPE) appropriately
- Working with customers and suppliers to determine the appropriate risk protocols on a project-by-project basis
- Regularly monitoring the advice of the Australian Department of Health and the World Health Organisation (WHO), and taking appropriate action as required
- Higgins COVID-Safe Plan is now embedded in the way we do business - this is routinely reviewed and updated where required
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact your local Higgins representative.